Monday, October 6, 2008

God is gracious

The title says it all. And every once in a while (when I'm paying attention), I get a little wake up call from the Lord. This weekend was one such incident.

Many of you know the struggles that I've had balancing my WoW life and my real life, especially my relationship with my wife. I can be obsessive and single focused in an unhealthy way; I am a man of extremes, either hot or cold, but almost never lukewarm. My wife is VERY longsuffering...lol.

So, we are planning on going on a cruise next week (yay on us!), and my wife has this dress that she wore on our last cruise (2004 or thereabouts). The dress....is......it, uh ..... oh ....my .... goodness. ...

Words tend to fail me when I see that dress on her. I get all droolly, slack jawed, and generally can't take my eyes off her. That dress was made (not literally it's off the rack) for one person - my wife! It fits her like a glove, and she looks radiant in it!

Just seeing her try the dress on reminded me of her incredible beauty. And when we had to try out some dance moves to see if she could dance in it (she could), I fell in love with her even more. I can't wait to have her wearing that dress and hanging on my arm on the cruise. All of the other women will be green not only with seasickness, but also envy! All of the guys will wonder how a slack jawed loser like me could snag a knockout like her.

And I will smile...and smile...and smile. If you guys are lucky, I'll post a picture, but I'm warning you now, I'm not responsible for any feelings of despair or suicidal thoughts because she's taken....with me!

I really am fortunate to have her love, despite my boneheadedness. God is so gracious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a girlie-girl, honest, but... awwwww.