Friday, October 30, 2009

The Perpetual Twink

Daxynn the Rogue now has the Heirloom Chest (with +100 health ench), Shoulders, and Balanced Heartseekers (daggers w/ +15 agi ench). I plan on buying the Heirloom bow next - yeah, doesn't it just suck when you root a Rogue in place, and you die to their ranged attack? I did that twice last night...haha. I might need to make a macro:

/lol
/Cast Throw

The log goes:

Daxynn laughs at you.
{thrown weapon} does XX damage.
You die.

So, with four Heirloom items (soon to be five) that grow with my level, I'm down to chasing a just a couple of armor items. I bought the AB boots last night as well as the WSG ring. I'm two marks short of the WSG lvl 28 neck and 19 marks short of the AB belt. With my recent influx of cash, I can afford to buy better bracers, legs, and gloves if any are available.

I'm still not wearing a hat, though; there just aren't any somewhat decent ones available, and I've been resisting buying an Int/Spi cloth hat just to add a bit of armor, although I may just have to break down and do that. Or drop Skinning for Engineering...

And finally, I'm up to level 28. I've pretty much stuck to the BGs for my XP gains, but now I'll try even more to limit my play to the BGs so I can milk these last two levels for as much honor and marks as I can before moving on to the 30's bracket. Oh, yeah, the 29 twink bracket is as broken as the 19, so we're moving on.

Personally, with the Heirloom items, I'm feeling much better about just leveling to cap with possible stops along the way if the X9 non-XP BG is viable. I'd like to be rockin' some Epic bracers from WSG as well as picking up the Epics from the other BGs at 60, although I'm thinking that the Outland starting gear is probably better.

If we do move on past 60, I'll be sad to see WSG, AB, and AV fall off the table as far as rewards go. It would be nice if Blizzard was to make level 68 and 78 versions of the slots that are available from each of the classic Battlegrounds. That said, I haven't even peeked at the EotS rewards or Wrath BGs, so I might just be pleasantly surprised. Let's hope so.

No comments: