Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh, THAT'S what they mean....

Disappointment: When reality and expectations collide.

I've been reading Twinkinfo.com for a little bit now and couldn't see what all the fuss about the Battlegrounds changes was all about. Sure, I understood on an intellectual level - long wait times for non-XP games, but the reality of it didn't affect me as I didn't have a twink.

Of course, as with a lot of things, I tend to forget about such problems until I'm confronted with them. That was the case last night as Jay turned off his XP and queued up for a WSG with the Big Boys.

He waited....

And waited....

.....

And waited....

He was still waiting last night when I logged off.

Fast forward to this morning: I emailed him and asked what he ended up doing. He replied that he ended up turning XP back on and proposing that we level doing just BG's.

I have some reservations about leveling just in BG's - most of them related to getting pwned from levels x0 to x5 or so. I'm also not sure how much XP we'll gain at each level. But.../shrug, it's not like we can't readdress later if things don't work out quite the way we planned.

So, I think we're going to go for it!

No comments: