Friday, November 28, 2008

Done, Done, and, Done!

Nitro's Blacksmithing: >300

Nitro's Enchanting: >300

Nitro's Level: 60

And, she's earned a well deserved rest in the inn at Honor Hold. I've completed a number of HP quests to get from 58.75 to 60, so the rest XP will come in handy.

In other news, Rysteranch got the nod for Northrend. I know I hemmed and hawed about who would go first and even said DV might go ahead, but in the end, I took my first 70 hunter. I'm over halfway through the level. I still plan on playing solely on rest XP from now on.

There are a lot of things that I'd like to discuss (ok, whine/rant/complain) regarding the new content, so prepare yourself accordingly.

Gear
Now, the best raid drops that I have on Rysteranch are from Kara with some badge gear. I actually found myself debating switching out for the new gear. In my eyes, it was that close. In the end, I opted to keep my current gear in most cases due to enchants. DV, Smoochie, and Nitro, on the other hand, will be ecstatic when they hit Northrend, even though DV will likely have to switch to bows for a while.../sigh.

Death Knights
Yeah, I made one yesterday - Vanco (let me know if you get the reference). I made the Scorpion (from Mortal Kombat) macro for Death Grip:

/s GET OVER HERE!!!
/cast Death Grip

It was pretty funny to yank my next mob to me and pummel them. I really didn't know what I was doing; I just hit buttons until the mob died. Eventually, I figured out two of them - the Yank button (for the aforementioned macro) and the Heal me button. I still don't have any clue about the others, so I just continue to spam them until I can't spam them any more. /shrug.

I really like being in the starting area and getting free on the spot rezzes. I saw the angel thingy swooping toward me the first time, and I thought, "I wonder what that thing is.." as I pressed the release spirit button. The next time I hung around and, voila! I got a free, on the spot rez!

What I didn't like.....was killing the innocents. Yes, yes, yes, I realize it's part of the lore and all that rot, and I understand why it's put in there. But I don't have to like it. I also don't like the whole idea behind the DK's - turn traitor to your faction to serve the Lich King and then turn traitor to him to go back to your faction. Also, using evil means to accomplish quests and the like just seems wrong to me. I'll probably continue to play him on occasion to get an idea of how they play, but I don't see myself playing one to end game.

D.E.H.T.A.
What a bunch of hippie hypocrites. I hate this faction. I'd really like to punch them all in their smelly hippy faces and then take their ears and turn them into Nessingwary for some good rep! I have yet to make the mistake of wandering into their camp with the smell of animal blood on me, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they kill me in their self righteous anger.

What is most upsetting about this faction is that it really feels like indoctrination. Animals = good; hunters = bad! I guess it wouldn't be so bad if there weren't groups that actually felt this way and actually condoned violence to remedy the situation. And, yes, I realize that this is just a game, but, unfortunately, Blizzard seems to be on the treehugging, liberal hippie side of the equation and not afraid to push some ideas on us. I wonder when the global warming quests start....

...oh, and, yes, I'm still doing their quests....I need the money and achievement. So, who's the hypocrite NOW!! HUH, HUH?? Oh...I am....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to disagree about Blizzard leaning on the 'treehugging' side. Sure, there is this one chain, but there are THREE giant Nesingwary chains. I think D.E.H.T.A. was more put there to poke fun at people who complain about Nesingwary and the game condoning killing animals, rather than for Blizzard to actually preach at people. Blizzard is clearly very ok with killing animals in game.

Rusty said...

Good point. I guess I was also thinking about all the "Healing the Land" quests that I encountered on the Horde side of things - especially the Tauren quest lines.