Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day (belated)

I'd like to belatedly wish all of my military veteran readers a happy Veteran's Day and thank them for their service. As you may or may not know, I spent 9 years "in the rear with the gear" AKA in the Air Force. Both of my brothers served (albeit in a lesser service...*grunt* *grunt*), and my younger brother continues to serve full time in the Army Reserves.

So, Thank You for putting your life on hold to protect my freedoms.

Thank You for leaving your families to ensure my way of life.

Thank You for getting in harm's way in order to uphold this great country.

Thank You for sacrificing everything that you hold dear for everything that I hold dear.

Jesus said this, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 NASB. I thank God for Veterans that are willing to lay down their lives for people they don't even know.


Thank You.

No comments: