Friday, January 25, 2008

Deaths Advocate has some new guildies.

I finally jumped ship. Last night, after arranging for my departure from the guild I founded, I moved all my toons over to Deaths Advocate. I was amazed at the sense of relief that I felt.

I'm no longer responsible for guiding a guild through leveling/attunment/keying/raiding.
I don't feel obligated to shelf what I'm doing to help guildies.
I am no longer one of the most knowledgeable people in my guild (so I don't get a lot of questions).
I do feel better about being in the guild that has gotten me almost all of my epics.

What's really interesting is that now, I'm more willing now to help people at The Iron Ring then I was just two days ago. /shrug. I sure am happier now that the mantle of leadership is gone, and I'm just another cog.

Woot on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm, sort of like how it's less painful to read the classics when you're not being forced to do so by an English professor. :)

Woot on you, indeed! I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision, but sounds like it will be the best for you in the long run. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

That's why I'll never be in a managment job ever again. Life is happier as a cog, lol.