Monday, June 22, 2009

Musings from the weekend

not to be confused with "Some Musings."

I rolled a DK over on Andorhal just so I could farm up cloth and Greens for Daxea, and a funny thing happened on the way to the farmer: I actually enjoyed playing her.

Now you guys know me - Mr. Ranged DPS, but I have to say that the "Yank and Spank" kind of fighting is kinda cool. I have yet to take her into Outlands to test her mettle there, but I'm looking forward to it.

The reason I haven't taken her to Outlands yet is two-fold:
1. I need to get a grip on how to play. I know, I know, I made it through the starting area, so what more do I need to know. Well, between you and me, I pretty much just spammed buttons (like the last time) until the mob was dead. I know the "Yank" button and have learned the "Spread the disease to others" button, but I really need to look at my other spells to figure them out, especially if I'm expected to PvP with them...

2. I want to get my tradeskills (Mining/Blacksmithing) up to Outlands level - 300, before going there, so I'm running around Kalimdor looking for nodes. I am trying to catch the flames for some XP during my travels, so I'm not totally wasting time. Besides...what's the rush? Oh yeah!

I decided to do a little role playing with making my DK; I picked a Troll female and named her Daxjin. Yeah, I know...very...little role playing.

And the final highlight from the weekend occurred while Daxjin was in TB, minding her own business at the forge when another Troll opened a trade window with her. I thought that he was probably going to ask for money or had tried to throw something away but had accidentally clicked on me. I just closed it without a thought.

He then opened it again and said, "Hold Still". Then, he dumped 1350 gold in the window and clicked trade!! I hurriedly clicked trade and said, "Thanks a billion!!"

It turns out he was deleting his toon, and I was the luck recipient of all of his hard work (he was level 66). Yay on me!!

3 comments:

Jason said...

When you can, get the Deathgrip Glyph. whenever you kill an enemy for honor or xp, it'll automatically refresh your DG cooldown. Totally busted right!

Anonymous said...

I am kinda excited about running you through outland instances. 2 huntards and a DK. Recipe for win right there.

Rusty said...

I am over halfway through leveling Mining/Blacksmithing to 300, so I should be ready for leveling in Outlands soon.

I can't wait for you guys to drag me through the Outlands instances either! Win!!