Monday, June 29, 2009

For the Alliance

This past weekend, I spent almost all of my WoW playing time on my Alliance DK, Vanco.

Part of the reason was that Teurion renewed his account for a month because he was bored, and the other part was the Midsummer Fire Festival and the easy XP.

So, Vanco had completed the DK starting area and had made his way to Hellfire Penn, but he didn't have any professions yet. I decided that Mining/Herbalism would be the best fit as all of the manufacturing professions are covered by my other toons.

Now, I'm not regretting my choice, but, dang, it sucks leveling mining. I have already gotten Herbalism to 300+, but Mining is lagging behind at 240. And, yes, I'm using a macro to switch between the tracking when I press 'c'.

The good part is that I've completed the Eastern Kingdoms Fire Festival activities and explored a number of areas so I don't have to go back when I'm going for the "Explorer" title. Oh, and I also dinged 60 in the process.

And, I've made a killing off all the ore, stone, herbs, and other junk by selling it on the AH.

But, most of my time this weekend was spent prepping and painting my youngest son's room. He picked a light gray and a charcol gray; his room used to be yellow and blue, so we had to throw down a primer first. Yesterday, we got the first coat down, and it looks really good.

Tonight, I need to do some sanding and primer the window well (I had recaulked the window, and we couldn't primer or paint it until today), and then tomorrow evening, we'll touch up and throw on a second coat if necessary.

I really don't like painting....

1 comment:

The Fuzz said...

Way to abandon us!