Friday, April 17, 2009

Off the Reservation

So, some of you may have noticed a slight, almost an imperceptible, change...not even a change, more of a shift, yeah, a shift, in the posting content of this blog in the last couple of days.

Well, you're wrong! I've always been at war with Eurasia.

Ok, I hope that clears everything up; I did, however, want to write a little explanation of the formula that I'll be using as I explore more of the world of "some musings".

1. Have a thought.
This isn't as easy as it sounds as most of my time is spent drooling and most of my thoughts revolve around remembering to breathe, food, and how to genetically engineer a bio-super weapon out of a muskrat.

2. Think about the thought.
This is somewhat easier as I have some sort of direction to harness the gerbil of my mind toward. Now, remember, I have to breathe during this step, so the productive thinking is intermittent at best.

3. Expand the thought and start adding in random bits of thought.
This happens pretty naturally as the food/breathing/muskrat weapons trifecta usually interrupts and adds to any idea that I happen to be thinking about. For example: I'm trying to fix an MRI, and as I remember to breathe, I happen to smell smoke, which then reminds me of the smoked muskrat that I had the other night for dinner, and I see that the machine is on fire! Problem solved! Woot!

4. Solidify the result of number 3 into a single idea and blow it all out of proportion.
I did this somewhat last year when I met TJ (the poor dear) in the Pox experiment. Oh, cool, that post has some more explanation of this process!

5. Finally, start writing out the whole thing, add pictures, nip, tuck, reword, and polish it up to the high standard that's expected of a prominent, award giving, right wing blog.

6. Sit back and revel in my awesomeness.

(Of course, anyone who knows me, knows that I keep my tongue firmly planted in my cheek and sarcastically denigrate myself whenever I can. Phhhht.)

No comments: