Monday, April 13, 2009

I....can't.....resist!!

Yeah, so, I finished up Diablo over the weekend. It was pretty fun. I had some issues once I reached the last level because the stupid casters wouldn't move. I could pull the Blood Knights and kite them to a safe place to pummel them, but getting at the Advocates proved to be a bit trickier.

In the first lever area on the sixteenth level, there's a whole mess of Advocates that mill around the target lever. If I tried to bum-rush them, I got smoked - literally....WITH FIRE! So, that was out.

I did stumble upon a fire resist chest piece, so that helped out a bit, but the real solution was circling the area, aggroing a few and hoping....HOPING!!!...that one of them would teleport out to the wall where I could kill it. In the end, that's what I was able to do and then charge in the middle to take out the last three.

That same tactic worked great for the remaining areas. And then the last area, I killed as many little groups as I could before I aggroed the last boss (erm...Diablo....) and a gaggle of minnions. I ended up kiting them until just Diablo was left, and then started attacking him.

I

STUNLOCKED

him!!!

IT WAS GREAT!!! I just clicked as fast as I could to attack with my sword, and he couldn't get a spell off. PWNED!!

I was going to replay it as a mage or rogue, but, Diablo II was just sitting there......so, I installed it! I only got in about 20 minutes of play, so I don't really have a lot to compare. I will say that the graphics are prettier (as they should be!), and the gameplay seems to be near the same as Diablo I.

From talking with Teurion, I do get the idea that Blizzard fixed everything that was wrong with the first one and added stuff to make it even better for the sequel. Sort of like the jump from Civilization to Civ II - a quantum leap that fixed everything wrong with the original and added soooooo much more without losing any of the playability or fun of the game.

So, of course, I can't help but think about Diablo III. If I like Diablo II as much as I think I will, then it'd be cool to be up to speed for the upcoming iteration. We'll just have to see.

Oh, and EVE and Fable are history. I may yet go back to Fable just to play out the Lost Chapters, but I don't think I will be logging into EVE again. And, I think this is a good thing, with going away for May and having a new puppy and taking dance lessons and GOING OUTSIDE!!!!(soon)....I don't need another MMO sucking up my time.

And speaking of mai puppa, I got to see her on Saturday. I think she's getting to know us cause she seemed more comfortable around us and even gave me kisses!! Little puppy kisses!! /sigh. I'm done for....

No comments: