It was bound to happen eventually. I have no motivation.
I've been in college for roughly 19 years now. I've quit, gone back, quit, gone back, quit, etc. I got an associates' degree for my trouble and have a fairly secure job working for the U.S. Gubment. This semester was my "go back" phase after taking the last two semesters off.
One of my issues is that I have absolutely no interest in learning the content of my two classes. One is Networking stuff, and the other is UML software design stuff. So you poor readers get to read my various thoughts and analysis of the issue. You may stop reading any time you like.
1. My lack of motivation does not stem from doing poorly; on the contrary, I have A averages in both classes.
2. Time is not an issue, as I can freely do school work on my work time (I know, your tax dollars at work...erm, school...uh, not working....nvm...). As such, my school work does not interfere with my WoW time (class does a bit, but homework doesn't).
3. My field of study is only marginally useful to my current field of employment, and I have serious doubts as to whether I'll ever leave this job before retirement.
4. Paying for classes is somewhat of a consideration. Why should I be paying for something that I won't use and don't really care about?
5. I keep hearing the same thing: "You only have 9 (or so) classes; you need to just finish it!" Finish it just because I'm so close. I get weary just thinking about it.
6. I'm tired. Tired of trying to learn this junk. Tired of the effort of homework. Just sick and tired of school.
7. Yes, this is a pity party. You were warned....
8. The situation would be different if I were 22 years old with my whole working life ahead of me, but I'm 40 and in the middle of my career. For whatever reasons, I am where I am, and I'm comfortable with that. So, why exert all this effort for no gain?
9. I have a week and a half before the last date to withdrawal with a "W" instead of an "F" to make my decision.
10. I come to conclusions too quickly and too often act on them.
I'm not looking for you guys to encourage me or chide me or whatever me. I guess I just wanted to vent, and since I happen to write the blog....well, yeah.
So, HAVE A GREAT DAY!! HA!