Monday, December 3, 2007

Random Thoughts

One of my favorite columnists is Thomas Sowell. On occasion, he writes a piece on random thoughts on the passing scene. I reckon, this is my version.

Read on a tagline: If you build a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

I find it interesting that, although my oldest son and I have moments where we can't stand each other, I would have a positively side-splitting time ROFL playing Apples to Apples with him and his friends.

I like pie.

I killed a two inch cockroach the other day; no I didn't get any xp from it and only got goo as loot!

The next time you're in an MRI, take a quarter with you. Put said quarter on its edge in the bore and watch it slowly fall without regard to gravity. It's a pretty neat trick. If you happen to use a Canadian (or non American) quarter, this trick does not work, but will result in a flying quarter!

Black, 2007 Nissan Muranos have, no HAVE, to be the best looking vehicle on the road nowadays. Sooooo sleeeeeeek! Soooooo niiiiiiiiice! VROOOOM! VROOOOM! (I haz one!!!)

I'll be going to an Indiana Pacers game tomorrow night; I've been asking around about borrowing a gun for protection from the players. Of course I'll also be battling nosebleeds, so if you don't see any more posts after this, you'll know one or the other got me.

It's really nice to have friends who are willing to slap you around to clear up your perspective; yesmen and lackeys do their friends no service.

Sure, people SAY that they want to do something about Global Warming, but when presented with a space age personal methane collector, those same people refuse to buy a device that will not only reduce deadly greenhouse gases, but also remove embarrassing odors from their person.