Friday, October 4, 2013

Postponement is not procrastination

I was supposed to do this yesterday, but it was too hot and the last time I did intervals on the treadmill, I got shin splints.  So, I postponed the run to this morning.

And then I almost blew it off because since I go to work at 5 AM, I am clueless as to what time the sun comes up, and I didn't realize that it wasn't going to get light until around 7:20 or so. (Yeah, that last sentence is a train wreck.) 

But, I went ahead and set out in the dark meaning to do just a straight up six miles.  When it came time for my first interval, it was light enough for me to see my watch, so I kicked it into gear.  I had also forgot that when I violate my pace alarm limits, my watch lights up, so that helped me keep track of the half miles.

After the interval, I walked for 2/10ths and jogged for 3/10ths before ramping it up to interval speed.  Overall, a good run, I guess.

Saturday:
Schedule 10 @ 11:00

No comments: