Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Next Race(s)

I have found my next race(s)! It is a series of 5K's, one at 8 am, the second at 9 am, and the third at 10 am. The race series is called The Melt Down.

So, 9.3 miles overall. I'm hoping to finish each race under 30 minutes; if I can, then I'll have 1/2 hour between each race for rest and recovery. So, anybody have any quick recovery tips for me? Should I bring a cooler with ice/cold packs to cool down? Anybody want to suggest relaxation techniques? Any of you guys do something like this before and have some sage wisdom for me?

I'm kinda pumped about the challenge and plan on going all out for each of the races. Yeah, I could sandbag the first two races and try to rip off a fast third, but I'd rather just give all three races my best effort. I'm sure I'll be regretting it in the morning!

My training schedule will change next week to prepare for the Saturday race; I'll do 8-10 on Monday, then 5 easy on Wed, skip Friday, and race Saturday. I'll also limit my legs strength training to Tuesday and stick to upper body on Thursday. Or maybe, I'll do legs this Thursday and do chest/tri's and back/bi's next week.

Three 5K's...in one day!!! T-shirt included!!!

No comments: