Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 1: 8-10 miles easy

If I took it any easier, I'd be walkin'!

This run was a slog! It was hotter than I would have liked it (mid 80's, I think), the sun was blazing even though it was evening, and guess who went out too fast!

I took breaks at 5 miles (outside, stretch and catch breath) and 6 miles (inside, water, rest, catch breath, cool down.) I was almost giddy when I realized that I didn't have to do 10 miles and could do just 9. I had thought that my coach had upped the mileage for Day 1, but I was happily mistaken.

Oh, and yes, we are back from Texas; I think I found a place that's flatter than Indiana. That place is Houston, TX. When we would get on top of a freeway interchange, I could see almost all the way to Louisiana! Pan-cake-flat! If it wasn't for the heat, it might be a nice place to run. 8~P

No comments: