Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 2: 5 miles with 10 X 1 minute hard


Well, I messed up the 2 mile warm up, but it all worked out in the end. For posterity's sake, I stopped after #4 fartlek which was the 2 mile mark (and my house) to cool off and get a drink.

I asked my coach for clarification on the 1 minute hard part as I knew I couldn't go all out for one minute without bursting something. Bursting....is....baaaaad.

Anyways, he said that he gets up to race (5K I assume) pace for the first 40 seconds and then goes all out for the last 20 seconds. At least that's what I heard, so that's what I did. Once again, it felt pretty good to cruise along at race pace (about 8:30 for me), the last 20 seconds, not so good...8-P

That's my hardest workout of the week! Day 3 and 4 are cake, right? Yeah, sure...

No comments: