Monday, May 16, 2011

Workin' on speed.


That first mile is all about getting all the body parts on board with the run. Once I've convinced my right hip that I'm not letting up, and my legs that they really can keep up, and my feet that they can be my little ground pounders, then I can finally get up to speed.

All of that takes about a mile or so, depending on how many other parts start complaining.

I was very happy with this run as I felt great while running and comfortable at the various paces. I consciously sped up on the last mile, but I'm glad to see the negative splits on the other miles. Personally, I thought that mile 3 would be my fastest as I felt slower on mile 4. Shrug...

I think I might mix things up this week with two three mile runs on Tuesday and Thursday, after our workouts. They'll be treadmill runs, which will allow me to set a constant speed and keep up...or die!

Well, not die, but fall off the end of the treadmill, have my face slam into the control panel, then get slung off the back of the tread and end up wrecking someone on an elliptical behind me. I mean, who doesn't like skid marks on their face? But still, I think I'll do my best to avoid it.

No comments: