Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Watershed run

Or maybe it was a shed water run. In any event, it was rainy. Thunderstorm rain...with hail! I ran over to my friend Nick's house (3.12 miles), then ran/walked a mile with him, then ran home.

I didn't get very wet on the way over, and we waited for a little clearing for our run/walk mile, but I sure got pounded on the way home. I also messed up my timing by trying to lap our run/walk; next time I'll just keep a mental note of it.

Monday, I'll do something similar, only I plan on implementing my coach's training schedule. For those of you who are interested, here it is:

Day 1 (this will almost always be Monday for me): 8-10 miles, easy to moderate pace

Day 2 (Wed for me): 5 miles with 10X30 seconds hard. Warm up for 2-3 miles before the 10X30 seconds.

Day 3(Friday): 5 miles moderate to fast pace (last mile sub 9:00!)

Day 4(Sat): 8-10 miles, easy to moderate pace.

That's it! I do that for 3 weeks, then change Day 2 to 10X1 minute hard and Day 4 to 9-11 miles easy to moderate and do that for 3 weeks.

Day 4 can have a race subbed in. There you have it. I plan on running with Nick a couple of times a week, so I'll be adding a bit of mileage in my run to/from his house so I get in my mileage without counting my run with Nick.

No comments: