Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First run of the year

Aaaaaaand, I'm still figuring the Forerunner 305 out, it seems. I thought that it would find a satellite soon after I started running. It didn't.

So, after 5 minutes of running and no pacing display (which would indicate the GPS was tracking), I turned off the watch and turned it back on. Bingo, got satellites almost right away.

But, of course, I didn't track what turned out to be the first .5 miles. So, no splits.

I'm pretty happy with the run. I was debating on going for another mile, but decided to just run two at a pretty good pace then run three tomorrow at a somewhat slower pace. Thursday and Friday will tell me how my body responds to my back to back daily jogs today and tomorrow and will signal the return of Saturday runs.

Oh, and why didn't I run yesterday? I had a molar pulled. Yeah, ouch!

No comments: