Wednesday, January 26, 2011

6.2 miles = 10K BABY!!


32 degrees again today, except, no sunshine. Bah!

I set the pace alarm limits to keep me between 11:30 and 10:30 min/mile. This is going to be my default pace for my first time running a new (longer) distance. It's a nice pace that I can keep up without worrying about running out of steam. Of course, as I get in better shape, I'll adjust this downward, but for now, this is where I'm at.

For my medium distance runs, I'll be setting a pace between 10:30 and 9:30, and for my short runs (3 miles right now), I plan on keeping it between 10 and 9.

I need to check out the trainer option as for my upcoming race, I'd like to start with a pace between 9:15 and 8:45 for the first mile, 9 and 8:30 for the second mile, and 8:45 and 8:15 for the last mile. The last 1/10th needs to be an all out sprint. I've got two weeks from this Saturday to get down to that.

This week's schedule is a little screwy as we are headed down to Evansville to check out a college for our youngest son. I was thinking about blowing off my run on Friday, but I might just have to get up early and gut it out. I think I'll also do a little running after my strength training tomorrow night in order to get in all my miles for the week.

Luckily, next week should be back to abby-normal with runs of 4, 4, 3 and 6 on M, W, F, S. The week after that I'll run on Mon and Wed, then rest until my race on that Sat.

3 comments:

Dammerung said...

Grats on the new distance!

bigmanrunning said...

Good job. You are way more committed to your gps than I am.

--bigmanrunning

Rusty said...

I really like the way that the GPS is able to keep me in a certain pace range.

Of course, if I posted the actual pace graph of this run, you'd see that while I average in a range, the reality is a nice sine wave...<.<...>.>....0.0