Thursday, January 20, 2011

Workin' it

Recently, my wife and I started strength training with a personal trainer from LA Fitness. We're trying to get into a routine of Tue/Thu workouts and have been fairly successful so far.

We are breaking our workouts into three major groups, one of which we work on during a training session. Tue was legs and abs, last Sat was back and biceps, tonight is chest, shoulders, and triceps.

Usually, a workout routine hits all of those areas in one week (or even twice a week for the hardcore muscleheads), but we are spreading it across a week and a half for now. So, in three weeks, we get two of each workout.

I've decided to put the triathlon workouts on hold while I get my core in shape with the strength training. Starting in February, we'll go down to once a week with the trainer and once a week on our own for the strength training, so I might readdress then.

Of course, I could try to incorporate the triathlon training into my regular runs, but I'll wait until the spring before doing that so I can bike and run outside.

7 comments:

joe said...

So on a completely unrelated note: I started playing Cityville, and now you're nowhere to be found.

Also, where do you live again? Me and Hannah are gonna be road trippin' in March and I'm working on planning our route.

Rusty said...

I stopped playing FB games.

And, I live in Indy; when you comin' by?

joe said...

We'd be swinging by probably late March or early April. Where in Indy are ya? I mean, it's a small state, but not tiny.

Rusty said...

Indy = Indianapolis.

IN = Indiana

I live on the south side of Indy.

joe said...

Dandy. Yeah, fair chance we might make it by there. I need to sit down with Hannah and get some set dates ironed out so I can make arrangements and such.

Speaking of arrangements, do you have a soft carpet?

Rusty said...

I'd have to run that by my wife first, and I'm sure she'd like some details like how long, criminal background, and cleaning abilities.

joe said...

Ah the pesky details. Right this second best I could say would be like a night, maybe two depending on how bored and fun interested ya'll were. But yeah, I'm a bit shy on details right now. I'll have to start this conversation again later.