Monday, January 10, 2011

Back on Schedule

Back to the training program! 3 miles today, 4 on Wed, 3 on Friday, and 5 on Saturday! I've got strength training on Wed and Saturday this week, so that should keep me busy.

I ran in shorts today even though it was just 30 degrees with a 12 mph wind out there. I should have donned my tights. I eventually warmed up, but I don't think I'll do that again.

So, how about those mile splits? I set my watch to keep me between a 9 and 10 min/mile pace, and I was able to respond to pick it up or slow it down as necessary. Wed's run is going to be slower, probably between a 10 and 12 min/mile pace; I was pretty winded after today's run.

2 comments:

Ro said...

I wouldn't dare complain about the weather for my run, would I? Actually, I guess I need to down grade it to a jog and be done with it.

Rusty said...

Well, if you ran while you were home for Christmas, you could...