Monday, January 31, 2011

Nasty Weather...

...is coming. So, today, I need to get in my long run(6 miles) for the week today because I'd really rather do the shorter runs on the treadmill than the longer ones.

I'm three months away from my first mini-marathon, so I'm starting to feel the need to push things along as far as endurance and speed. Making the distance isn't an issue because, at the very worst, I could walk/run, but I'd rather not do that.

Some of my concerns revolve around interruptions to my training. Weather, a week long tech school, and a week long vacation all have the potential to derail my training with things beyond my control. To help deal with these, I'll need to make sure that I build plenty of flex time into my schedule to accommodate unforeseen circumstances.

My goal for my first 1/2 marathon is 9 min/mile pace and a sub 2 hour finish. Yes, I know, I should just be grateful for a finish, regardless of pace, but I feel it's better to shoot for the stars and hit the moon than aim for your foot and nail your target.

Maybe I just don't like getting shot...

No comments: