Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 Running Wrap Up

For my long time readers, most of you know that I am a big time procrastinator, so it should come as no surprise that I'm just now releasing the much anticipated year end wrap up of my running year.

While I did not run 2010 miles last year, I did run some. I ended the year with 180.45 miles including four 5K races.
I'm attributing my injury in Dec to my breast stroke swimming for now; hopefully, I'll get the miles back to Oct's level or higher this month.

What I feel is one of my bigger accomplishments, besides actually finishing a 5K, is the chart below.

This is my progress in 5K races, from a 29:43 first time to my latest at 27:42. Two minutes shaved off my time in under two months. /FLEX! Ow, ow, pulled muscle...

Since I began running in July, I've become a different person. I actually like running now! I feel much better about the direction that I'm going in regards to my health and fitness and miss the runs when I have to rest. I mean, not THE runs; I don't miss getting those...

I've changed my diet a bit; I've changed my reason for running (it's no longer to lose weight.) Call it a mid-life crisis (I sure hope to see 86!); call it an awakening; call it a wake up call. Call it Barney and tickle its nose with an over ripe papaya until it squeaks like an emancipated church mouse...call it...

Where was I? Oh, yeah, papaya. It's good stuff. And sometimes change is too (just don't let that get out. We'll keep that between you and me...)

No comments: