Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Revisionist History


Ok, so I had my formulas all screwed up in my spreadsheet; I've corrected them, and the truth is that my stellar progress is not as stellar. It's still pretty good, though.

My timed mile from this past Saturday was 8.9 minutes (8:54) not the rosy 8.26 (8:15). My other times were off a bit as well due to mistakenly thinking that I was including seconds when I was not.

FYI, to convert hh:mm:ss time into minutes, the Excel formula is

(HOUR(AD4)*60) + MINUTE(AD4) + (SECOND(AD4)/60) where AD4 is the cell with the time in it.

I was just using the MINUTE(AD4) function, and while I am not running hours yet, I could see problems cropping when I was mapping out my schedule for next year. So, hopefully, I have all the bugs worked out of my spreadsheet and can stop lying to you all!

No comments: