Thursday, March 5, 2009

The indepth post that never was

I figured I'd just start writing and see what spills out onto the page.

As I've already mentioned, I'm starting to play alts, which is an indicator that I think my mains (DV and Daxie) are good enough to do what ever I wish to do with them. Now, I've mentioned before that the last XPac (BC) came out, and I was still a lowbie, so everything is different when WotLK came out.

Teurion and I have wondered if Pre-BC end gamers felt the same way at the end game in BC as we do being Pre-WotLK end gamers and current WotLK end gamers. "Now what?" is what I'm talking about.

I mean, sure, Uldar is coming soon...and Icecrown after that..., but, really, I can't say I'm too amped up about new raids. Right now, I'm not really having any interest in Naxx, Obsidium Sanctum, or Malagos; I'll still be going tonight for Naxx10 and tomorrow for Naxx25 (my wife has scrapbooking with her mom), but I can't say I'm all giddy about it.

Part of my feelings stem from forcing myself to get the game in its proper perspective. For good or for ill, the best way I've found to do that is to adopt a more apathetic attitude about it. I'm missing out on Naxx25? meh.../shrug.

I think another part of my ambivalence stems from my two raiders' gear being good enough to raid all of the current game content. And, no, neither of them are exalted with Sons of Hodir.

While I am glad that I have access to all of the raids, I'm also a bit disappointed with the seemingly lack of challenge. But, then again, I have no interest in seeing OS+3, so take that with a grain of salt.

I've also felt this way before (no, I'm not going to comb through my archives; trust me it's in there somewhere), so maybe this is just a natural cycle that I go through, and next week/month/whatever, I'll have gotten over it.

And finally, maybe, just maybe, this is the beginning of the end. I don't think it is because I'm pretty excited about Pox Redux, but I can't help but wonder how much longer I'll find WoW to be worth my while. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Amava said...

I'm right there wicha. I was latecomer to TBC, so there was always something out of reach for my main. In WotLK, it feels as though everything is accessible (except for high arena rankings, but that's because (A) i suck and (B) just kidding, A is the only reason), leaving periods of time with less to do in-game.

I'm enjoying the downtime right now though, mostly through doing achievements on my main and playing alts (leveling the toons and also advancing the tradeskills).

Is it the beginning of the end? Maybe. WoW isn't going to be a part of each of our lives forever. If it becomes a chore taking more away from you than the entertainment value is bringing fun to you, then shut'er down for a week and see how things feel. Maybe it'll be refreshing to log back in, or it might just feel meh.

And listen to The Doors, The End, while you play, maybe that'll give some poetic meaning or something.