Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Resolved...for now

So, my wife and I were able to talk out her frustration with me, and things are resolved for now. I have no doubt that we'll go through this same dance again in the future, when I obsess too much about the game and neglect the one I love.

It turns out that we don't have that much in common. I think that through the years, we haven't had to deal with the issue due to child rearing, church activities, and the busy-ness(business?) of life. We've both gravitated toward what we enjoy doing, which are not the same things.

What's the solution? I'm not sure. For a while, we had dancing, but we had to stop taking lessons due to financial reasons. She absolutely refuses to even try WoW (she's not a gamer at all). We are trying to take walks together after dinner. And, of course, I'll need to cut back on my playing during times when she's home and awake. When she's sleeping or away....all bets are off! lol.

No comments: