Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sick on Tuesdays

I'll tell you what, being ill (and staying home from work) always has an upside in that I am almost never too sick to play WoW.

But, being sick on Tuesdays just blows. Sure sometimes the maintenance consists of a quick series of rolling restarts, but inevitably, I get sick on the Tuesdays where there is extended maintenance. Phooey.

So, you guys get to read more posts on the various happenings over the weekend. Or maybe just one long post; we'll see.

Well, I've been playing my 70's now almost exclusively since Thursday; dailies are my focus. See, on Thursday, I bought Daxe his epic flying mount and had roughly 500 gold left. When I logged out last night I had around 2900 gold with more coming in from a couple of auctions. I was trying to average 500 gold per day including dailies and auctions.

Daxe has been mining his brains out in the course of completing the dailies and sending the mats to Daxie to prospect and forward on to my bank alt.

I've been completing more and more dailies with each of my toons as I've sorted out which are fairly easy and which ones are just a pain. Rysteranch has gotten the lion's share due to the ease of huntering verses priesting, but as I've gotten to know the quests, Daxe and Daxie have started picking up more.

My goals from my previous post have changed slightly; now I want each of my toons on this server to have 100 gold before buying another epic flying mount. That means that my lower level toons will have their mount money tucked away, and I won't have to worry about being mountless at 40 on any of them. So, all told, I need 6k of gold to meet the new requirements.

"Oh, I'm halfway there, oh-OH, I'm living on a ...nvm"

In other weekend news, I got to run a bit with the infamous BBB. He and Cassieann needed to kill the first boss in Heroic Shattered Halls for a Kara quest, and Rysteranch was more than willing to provided MQoSRDPS. Since we had a sap and my trap as the only CC, we had a bit of a time with it. Also, we 4 manned the first couple of pulls until a shammy joined us.

My performance was pretty good. I was able to keep my mob trapped at least 2-3 times, sometimes more. I used some LOS/misdirect pulls to get casters into my traps. As an aside, I have to give a shout out to BRK for his movie showing how to park your pet by the trap out of Line of Sight (LOS), misdirect onto said pet, and trap squared mob. It worked beautifully. Also, as another aside, I have to thank Fausta (Ian) of The Iron Ring who showed me the trick of placing another trap directly beneath a trapped mob to keep it frozen.

So, I did a fair amount of trapping and ended up 2nd on the DPS meter to Cassieann (a rogue); it was a very close second (10ths of a percentage point) but still 2nd. There were times that I didn't get to DPS the skull due to trapping; I'll have to look into what I can do differently to remedy this - such as at least serpent stinging the skull before grabbing my trap target.

The second time I ran with BBB, he was on his SPriest, and we Pugged MrT. Once again, I was on trapping duty, but we had a mage this time, so I usually didn't have to trap more than 3 times on a single mob. We had several wipes mostly due to healing; I'll say this right here and now, if the tank dies first, I'm looking at either the pull went bad or the healer couldn't keep up. If one of the DPS dies first, then I'm looking at either the tank can't keep aggro or the DPSer is starting too early.

The tank was the first to die a number of times, which meant I was looking sideways at the healer. My first clue should have been that the healer didn't heal anyone at the end of the fight...or when he rezzed someone....or sometimes even in the heat of battle. /sigh.

So, we made it past the first two bosses and were almost to the PvP group and the tank's mommy needed him for something. He went AFK with no warning! O......K.......When he came back, he said he had to go cause it was a school night - blah, blah, blah. It turned out to be a good thing as it was already 10:30, and I had to get to bed as well. So we called it.

My performance? I thought I did an excellent job! I kept my mob trapped and didn't break it. I tanked my mob as necessary to get another trap down if it broke early. I did top the damage meter by a nice margin. And I didn't pull aggro off the tank; ok well, maybe once I did...Feign Death FTW!

So, an eventful weekend it was! Oh, yeah, and I wrote some WoW lyrics to a Johnny Cash song...heh....heh....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

crowd control? train trapping, sapping? what kind of thing is this, the only crowd control is where i run into the crowd, and proceed to dominate them, and let dps rip away:P Pally Tank Power FTW:)

Anonymous said...

damn spell check, chain trapping..lol

Beowulfa said...

yeah, I almost skipped my mid-morning nap with orclette this morning because I wanted to play, but I'm glad I didn't. And sick on Tuesday after a 3-day weekend-you lucky dog you! (I am not insinuating that you were faking the sickness because I have gotten sick at the worst/best times too)

Anonymous said...

He's totally faking being sick.. :) j/k Sounds like you had good times this weekend! Awesome! Oh, and 500 gold a day? I Hate You!! I can barely rake in like 250.. Would you mind doing a write up of the dailies you knock out and all that to achieve this?