Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My first email post

Yep, you read it right. This is my first post that I'm using a reader's email for the subject and my response to that email as...uh, my post. Let's see if I can get this right.....

Reader XJDeath writes:

I...read on your blog that you're pulling down massive amounts of gold. I gotta ask, what the heck are you doing to get that done?

Ok, that copy/paste thingy works. And some creative editing to make the sentence make sense of it out of the original context. Ok, and my response:

First of all, I have 3 70's, and that is THE key. I do a smattering of quests on Daxie (like 4 of the island ones), more on Daxe (9-10? I include some of the Outlands quests from the island), and a lot on Rysteranch, including all the island ones and quite a number of Outlands quests from the island.

In addition to all that, Daxe is a miner and Daxie is a jewelcrafter, so I'm sending all the ore to Daxie to prospect and selling ALL of the resulting gems as well as the Mercurial Adamantie that Daxie makes from the Addy tailings + Primal Earth.

Selling all the greens that I collect and making/selling Netherweave bags from the cloth usually puts me over the top. I'd be happy to make Netherweave bags for you if you supply the mats - both Daxe and Daxie are tailors.

As far as fishing goes, Tanaris, Tanaris, Tanaris, Tanaris! I start at Steamweedle port and work my way all the way down the coast, hitting all the pools. I stop at the beach just before the long rocky shoreline that leads to the southern beaches, which I have not found any pools in. Make sure you don't open the mithril bound boxes while you're fishing as they will quickly fill up your inventory. And the Weather Beaten Journal really helps out for finding those fishing pools.

Also, if you have any of the manufacturing professions, I'd ignore them until you get epic flying.

And that completes this particular post. Yay!

No comments: