Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wherein everything changes

Change, change, change, I just can't get away from it!  First, my training program is going to undergo significant changes (6 days/week running...!), second, as soon as I get used to my mother and brother being here, they up and go to my other brother's house in Louisville, KY, and THIRD, it snowed so I had to treadmill it! 

See???  All these changes!  Different here!  Not the same there!  *throws up arms in disgust*

So, got a new book from my coach for Christmas - Hansons Marathon Method.  It is definitely a good read with actual science (Not sure if it's Science!, but it is science) behind the madness in training for marathons the Hanson way.  Anyways, I am going to try to adapt the marathon schedule from week 7 to 18 for my upcoming half marathon (that I still need to sign up for...<.<...>.>...)

Oh, and yes, I did fall short on the mileage for today; it turns out that I ran those quarters way too fast for my level, and my hamstring started complaining around mile 2.  I stopped and stretched at mile 3.5, and then decided to call it at mile 6.  No use injuring myself before I get started on my
Fancy new training schedule!  You may now return to your lives, citizens...

No comments: