Monday, December 24, 2012

Back to the beginning

And here we are again at the beginning of the training cycle with a new base pace - 10:27.  Once again, I'll reserve the right to change this pace if I find that I can't keep it up.  But for now, so far so good!  As you can see, I had a bit of a difficult time holding it down, in fact.  I'm sure that will change as I get the stuffings run out of me this week.

On another note, I have two guests in my house from Fairbanks, AK - my mother JoAnn and brother Brian.  Today is my mom's 70th birthday, and yesterday, my little brother David from Louisville, KY came up so that we could all be together for the first time in about 26 years.  Yeah, it was a pretty big deal.  We even got a photographer to document the occasion.

So the temp here has been in the thirties and forties, which is absolutely balmy when compared to -40 that mom and Brian have come from.  It's still a little cool for short sleeve runs, so I ran with a long sleeve shirt, gloves, and ear warmer.  I wore my underarmor shirt (by which I mean a spandex-like tight fitting undershirt.) and should have come back in for a second long sleeve shirt, but instead, I sucked it up and dealt with the cold.  Made me feel like a man...

Tomorrow, a very Merry Christmas to me with 4X1/4's.  yay...

No comments: