Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Interval Work - not for the faint hearted...

Ok, what you're looking at is my quarter mile interval training. The fast quarters were done at race pace (8:30-9:00) and the recovery quarters were done at my warmup/cooldown pace (9:30 - 10:30.)

My coach told me after the run that I ran a little fast for the recovery part; good to know for next time, I suppose. This time, however, I was wondering if he was trying to kill me...

BUT, here's the deal, I completed the workout, so I suppose it wasn't as bad as I make it out to be. I did want to quit after the last recovery and say to heck with the cooldown mile, but I had a premonition that I might do that, so I deliberately made sure I ended my last quarter mile recovery in the middle of my 2 mile route. So, I had to get back to my house anyways, and I might as well run it.

That last mile helped me get tougher mentally as well as physically. Oomph!

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention - shorts, short sleeve t-shirt. 60 something degrees. Oh...Yeah!

No comments: