Saturday, August 10, 2013

A man's got to know his limitations

And 13.1 miles is mine.  I am going to look into switching to the half marathon from the marathon on Nov 2nd.  I have no desire to put the kind of training into running a full marathon, and from this run, I don't know if my body can take it.

I was wiped out after 14 miles; I stopped at 10 and 12.14.  Just not interested or, from the looks of it, able to put in the kind of mileage that marathon training demands.

Perhaps I'll feel differently after a couple of years on my base running.  Maybe I'll try again next year, but as for this year, I have time to switch my focus to the half and concentrate on getting a PR if not below 2 hours.

I'll be switching the schedule around, so I don't have marching orders for those of you who have just quit with me.  How about 3 or 5 miles?

No comments: