Saturday, October 13, 2012

FORE!

Part of this run was through a golf course.  About a half a mile in, I realized why people don't run through golf courses; thankfully, I didn't have any close calls with flying objects, but I did get plenty of strange looks from the golfers.

Yesterday, I committed $70 to run the Monumental Half Marathon, and since I'm a cheap skate, you know this will provide that extra bit of motivation to stick to the schedule and make sure I'm trained up.

On another note, I have successfully stuck to my 2000 calorie diet for the last three days; I get calorie credits for running, so Wed and Thu were fairly easy to stay within the budget.  Friday, however, was a different animal as I didn't do any running; that was a bit more difficult and took some real planning to meet the goal.

Today, though, I can eat pretty much as much as I want!  That little run there gave me a 1500 calorie credit, YEE HAW!!!  I've already had second breakfast and am looking forward to eating Thai tonight.  Thai iced tea, Mee-ga-tee, fried spring rolls, chicken satay.  Mmmm, Mmmm, good!

I might just go downstairs and eat a stick of butter just because I can!

No comments: