Thursday, October 11, 2012

5K practice

I set out to keep the pace at 10 min/mile or lower with the goal of finishing 3 miles under 30 minutes.  As you can see, I was successful in meeting this goal.  I added on the tenth at the end just to see where I'd end up at for a 5K.  Not even close to my fastest race 5K, but this is also after running 6 yesterday and 5 w/intervals on Monday.  I think I could do much better than this with 5 days rest as I would have before a race.

On another note, I have to sincerely thank Dave over at BigManRunning.  I kinda thanked him yesterday for the link to the calorie counter, but I didn't realize how much this tool can help me get control over my eating.  As you all can tell, I'm a numbers guy, so being able to put in the food I eat and get numbers back with a budget type balance sheet really appeals to me.  I'm already trying to figure out how to keep within my allotted 2K calorie limit when we go out for Thai tomorrow night.

No comments: