Saturday, October 6, 2012

BOOYA!!!

Eight miles and I had enough in the tank for that sub 10 min mile at the end.  Yes!!  I love having runs like this one, where I feel like I have plenty of energy, I manage my pace to achieve a negative split from the first half to the second, and it's sunny and cool outside.

I set my pace alarms at 12 and 11 min/mile, and as you can see, I kept in that range the first 5 miles.  It was my goal to run the last three miles faster than 11 minute miles and the last one under 10 minutes.

The temp outside was a cool 45 degrees, but there wasn't a cloud in the sky, so it felt warmer than that.  I still wore long sleeves and an ear warmer.

I've been waffling on the Nov 3rd half marathon, but after this run, I think I'm on track to do better than my previous two halfs.  I shouldn't have to worry about the heat sapping my will to run...hopefully...

No comments: