Monday, September 10, 2012
Three miles and a plan
Unfortunately, I decided to stop. That record will stand a bit longer, I suppose.
Ok, the plan: Start hitting up long runs on Saturdays, add one more day of running/week for 4x, get my long run up to 12-13 miles by late October, and run the Monumental Marathon Half Marathon on Nov 3rd. This will also serve as my official challenge to Gary the Exploding Unicorn to a foot race of approximately 13.1 miles to run concurrent with the aforementioned half marathon.
Special rules for the foot race are as follows:
1. No biting.
2. No full nelsons (half nelsons are allowed)
3. No throat punches, groin kicks, or bamboo under the fingernail moves.
4. For Hank the Unicorn, no running.
5. For Rusty the Nutjob, no walking.
6. No motorized vehicle assistance of any kind (if you need an ambulance ride, you will be disqualified.)
I will assume you agree to these terms, Terry, and will save a spot for you near the back of the pack where I will start. Remember, when the gun goes off, you will have to do the two hour version of the hokey pokey before you are allowed to start as all unicorns must do.
May the best man win! (see what I did there unicorn boy? snicker...)