Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lock Out

Kael'thas was shut down for 24 hours yesterday for preparations for the upcoming Xpac. I have been playing a bit too much, so I took it as a forced break from the game and spent the evening with my wife (who took a nap...).

Over the weekend, I did happen to get Daxea up to 79 and am staring down the barrel at 80. It's interesting that for Daxxy the Druid, I had all sorts of gear lined up for her at 80, but for poor Daxea, I have barely done anything. I did start on Argent Crusade rep for the chest and back, but other than that, I'm just moseying along.

My plan at hitting 80 is to run the normal versions of the ICC 5 mans and ToC until I get all the useful gear out of them, then switch to running their heroic versions for upgrades and shards. Of course, I'll be doing at least the daily random for my frosties. I might just do chain randoms to grind out my T9 gear. I don't know; we'll just have to wait and see.

I have the option of bringing Dwarfvader to the raid tonight as alts are now authorized. The upside is that I could definitely use some ICC25 gear on him and that particular gear would probably get sharded. The downside is that Daxie needs to build up her DKP, and I need to get used to my T10 4 piece bonus, which I just got on Monday. So, I'll be taking Daxie this week; maybe next week, I'll take DV or if she's appropriately geared, Daxea.

On a side note, I started reading Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, specifically, his Sherlock Holmes series. So far, it's looking like Robert got it right in the latest movie depicting the super sleuth. I cracked up when I actually read in one of the books, a line from the recent movie:

"My mind," he said, "rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation."

Very nice....very nice indeed.

No comments: