Friday, June 25, 2010

See what's going on here?

I think I am beginning to.

Currently, I am not really motivated to play Daxxy the Druid. Why? Because I basically see her as "done". She can easily heal 5 man Heroics. She has done the weekly a couple of times. She went on a 6/12 run of ICC10 and did just fine.

Yeah, I could push to make her ICC25 capable, but I really wouldn't have the time to raid with her outside of Daxie's raid times.

The same situation exists with Vanco the Death Knight and Dwarfvader the Hunter; they can pretty much go anywhere in game and be successful. (I'd need to work on actually playing Vanco to get the rotation/playstyle down, but after that, could supply pretty good DPS).

So, that brings me to why I'm leveling a Shammy (haven't touched her in a couple of days) and my Ench/BS Hunter - Daxea. I'm especially hooked on Daxea because she's so close to cap and I'd love to get her to around the same level as Dwarfvader in gear. She might even become my go to Hunter for Cataclysm. +1% hit is nothing to sneeze at.

So, what's going on here? I'm figuring out that while I do enjoy raiding, I also enjoy gearing out toons. Some might say I'm a....loot whore. There, I admitted it. On Daxie, I snag almost every piece of gear that is usable to me so that I can mix and match sets to get what I think is the best combination of stats and therefore DPS.

On Daxea, I like cranking out 2k DPS as a level 76, and I'm constantly looking to better that. Loot, of course, plays a large role in helping me stay King (ok, Daxea = Queen) of the Damage Meter. (Of course, since she IS an enchanter, I keep my gear enchanted. I did forget about throwing sockets in my wrists and gloves, so I'll have to remedy that.)

I'm really looking forward to hitting the cap and grabbing gear from level 80 instances and Heroics. I find that I'm looking at loot lists (mine is sorely outdated. A better one is here.), and I'm already thinking about farming Abyss Crystals with her on some normal ICC instance with some friends (*cough* Robin *Cough* Jay); once I get some decent gear I'm sure it wouldn't be any problem to three man the regular versions of those puppies.

Once I get some really good gear, I'd like to run back to some older instances and perhaps farm enchanting mats or recipes. Or maybe just see what I can solo with her. Being able to disenchant BoP's is a big plus.

...then again, I have a pally, a rogue, and a shammy all waiting to have their turn in the sun...

No comments: