Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sophi's Choice

Oh yes, I went there.

The previous post intimated that I was agonizing over deleting a character in order to make a new alt; well, I am.

Some of my toons have history on their side. In The Burning Crusade, I raided on Daxe (formerly Daxenos) the Priest and Rysteranch the Hunter. I have some pretty cool memories with both characters, and I keep them around because of it.

Sentimental, I R It.

Practical, I R It 2.

Round 1: Fight!
Senti: Remember your first raid with Death's Advocate on Daxenos? /sigh. You were wearing a mix of blues, greens, and one Primal Mooncloth piece (or was it two?). You even snagged an epic green piece of trash to put on your head! Ah...good times!

Pract: Daxie is my raiding priest now and has been since mid-BC. Daxie was also my first priest to 80 and is my best geared toon, currently.

Score:
Senti: 0
Pract: 1

Round 2: Fight!
Senti: Remember way back when, IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS AGO!.../sigh, when you first rolled your Alliance toons? Daxenos was your first Alliance character! How fun it was to discover the Human starting area, the joys of leveling Holy, and Hogger!

Pract: Daxe (we deal with the now, not the then) hasn't been out of the bar in quite a while now. Sure, he's 73, but do you really want to level another priest? Yeah, didn't think so.

Score:
Senti: 0
Pract: 2

Round 3: Fight!
Senti: Hey, I can be practical too! Daxe(nos...you know you want to spend $10 to change his name back) is an Herbalist/Inscriptionist - your only one! And he has epic flying! And he was your first toon with epic flying! Remember how you soared around the keep in Shadowmoon Valley when you first bought it? /sigh.

Pract: Glyphs are cheap, and Inscription is getting kicked in the junk come Cataclysm. Oh, and I actually have epic flying on all of my 80's as well as Rysteranch. That includes my Herbalist - Daxxy.

Score:
Senti: 0
Pract: 3
TKO!

Senti: but...but...you aren't actually going to delete your toon that you played with Malissa and Ken and Blitzed?? How about you transfer him? Turn him Horde? OH THE HUMANITY!

Pract: Let me know when you've stopped whining; I've got some deletin' to do...

1 comment:

Jay said...

My comments are thus:

Kick the rogue to the curb. 18 levels can be reacquired in a matter of hours these days.

As for Dax(whatever) the Inscriptionist..keep them..for now. My thinking behind this is if the change sticks that allows learned glyphs to be learned 4 evah, when Cata drops..fill up all your toons on glyphs AND THEN go for the old heave ho. or just buy them like everyone else is going to do and then never buy another glyph ever unless they introduce new ones.

Just mah 2 copper sir. Grim is 10 and rising. Hurry up. /taps foot impatiently