Friday, August 8, 2008

I learned'd something

I finally got around to putting a meta gem in DV's goggles. I figured I'd get at least the socket bonus (+4 agi) even if I didn't have the combination of gems for it to work.

Now, I had four gems socketed in various parts of my clothing:
2 purple
1 yellow
1 red

In order for my meta gem to work, it requires at least:
2 red
2 blue
2 yellow

So, I wasn't too surprised that when I looked at my goggles, I needed 2 yellow.....wait a minute! The reds and blues were already covered! That meant that one of the purples was being counted for both a red AND a blue! So all I had to do was replace my red one with an orange one.....yes, that's right, I could make my meta work with just 4 gems socketed!

I switched over to Daxie, cut up an orange gem (and another red one just in case my theory fell through), sent them to DV, and socketed it. Sure enough, that +12 agi/+ 3% crit gem lit up! /hampsterdance.

So, it turns out that dual color gems (orange, green, purple) count as BOTH colors for meta gem requirements, while they count as EITHER color for socket placement. Stop the presses!

No comments: