Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Falling off the bandwagon

Well, that was a not so refreshing week off...back aches, stomach cramps, more stomach cramps.  Not sure what is causing the intestinal distress but I hope it stops...now!

I still have slight cramps, but I also have some running to do, so I got out on this nice, sunny, 77 degree F day and meant to get in 3 miles in around 30 minutes.  Then, after about a quarter mile, I heard pounding footsteps behind me and a college age woman caught up to me and passed me.  She was out on a run.

Well, being the person I am, I thought I should see if I could keep up with her, and I did for the next two miles.  And, of course, if I start off at a pace, I need to finish at that pace, and I did!  So, thank you Andrea for dragging my sorry butt along with you; I'm sure you slowed down a bit for me.

I'll do a recovery week this week, then pick up my 5 week schedule at week one.  I'll have time to do weeks 3-5 again before my half on Nov. 2nd.

Tomorrow: Off
Thu: 5 miles

No comments: