Monday, April 11, 2011

A tale of two runs

Saturday: I was supposed to run a 15K race this day, but my back was hurtin' in the morning when I got up. So, I skipped it. But, I owed Coach Michael 9.3 miles, so I got out in the afternoon and ran. Well, as you can see, I didn't make 9.3 miles.

It was actually worse than that as I stopped at the two mile mark, three mile mark, and 5 mile mark for a little breather and water. I just wasn't feelin' it.

My hips hurt, my back hurt, my knee started to hurt, and I was just out of it. I guess some days you're the windshield, and other days you're the bug.

Today: I had a six mile run scheduled. I wanted to stop at the three mile mark for water, but I didn't.

I wanted to stop at the four mile mark for water, and I didn't.

I did end up stopping at the six mile mark. And I did get some Gatorade.

No comments: