Monday, April 18, 2011

Back to the grind


Same old story: Went out too fast; paid for it on the back side of the run. Also, I tested my new hydration belt and ended up accidentally hitting the stop button at mile 2.53. Of course, I didn't notice until the 3 mile mark when I was waiting to hear the chime for the mile mark.

And it never came...sniff...sniff...I was crushed.

So, I stopped, pulled myself together, drank a little water, started the watch again, and set off at a slower pace. So, the last mile is an estimate based on what looked good, I mean my average speed.

Other than totally wrecking my time, my new water belt seemed to be ok. I'm not sure I like 22 ounces sitting on the small of my back, and I can already feel my back tightening up a bit from it. On the plus side, I do have some liquid along with me on my run, and I also have a pouch (IT'S NOT A FANNY PACK!!!) for goo and stuff.

I'll test it some more Wed on my scheduled 8 miler. I might even run outside of the subdivision for that one. Oooooo, scary!

No comments: