Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hair of the Dog

This run made my new consecutive two day total record 16 miles; the previous record was 13, I think. Anyways, I wasn't too sore after yesterday's extended run, and five miles was just about right. I may have been able to do more, but I was grateful that I could stop at 5.

This Saturday is an eight miler and will cap my week total at 30 miles. This is by far the biggest mileage week that I've had in my life.

Also, a side note about yesterday's run: I gained a huge amount of confidence for my mini at the end of the run; words really can't describe the feeling that I now know I can finish the race running, with no walking.

It was a bit iffy before yesterday, but now I have the confidence that my training is working and that I'll be ready come May 7th. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: