Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Scheduled 8 mile run

Turned into my longest run ever! I meant to do an out and back, but at the 3.5 mile mark, I had a choice: turn left and catch the next road north, or turn around and head back.

I turned left. Then, I had another choice at the 7.25 mile mark: go for 10 (turn right) or get in about 8.5 or so (turn left.)

I turned right. After I was committed to running out the route, started mentally preparing myself for the case of hitting 10 miles before I got near home, which was a good thing as I was about a half mile from my house when the watch marked the 10th mile.

So then, I figured, in for a penny, in for a pound of flesh; I might as well do 11 rather than 10.61 or some other weird number. I did a little extra coming into the subdivision and ended up running past my house for the last .15 miles.

My previous longest run? 8.2 miles. Yeah, I'm shattering records!

No comments: