Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Weekend Rendezvous

So, as I mentioned on Monday, my wife and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary by ditching the kid and puppy and spending Friday night together.

We had a gift certificate for 14 West Restaurant, so we decided to have dinner there. Here's a copy of the menu so you can follow along at home.

We both started off with the 14 West Signature Lobster Corn Chowder. Me, with the fried oyster and bacon, my without. It was very good, and the rolls that accompanied it, delicious!

My wife ordered the special as her entree, which was Chilean Sea Bass in a Thai BBQ sauce on a bed of Spinach and sticky rice.

I had the Sea Scallops on Sautéed spinach, with an apricot chipotle glaze.

Both entrees were very good. I ended up liking hers better than mine, but that said, the scallops were very tender, tasty, and yummy.

For dessert, I ordered the Creme Brulee while my bride ordered the Carrot Cake to go. The "burnt cream" was very good with the crust being just right, the custard being slightly warm on top and cool on bottom, and the dish had little specks of vanilla at the bottom. Very good!!

The Carrot Cake was...a bit disappointing. Now, I'm not a big Carrot cake fan to begin with, but from what my wife said, it was a bit dry, although the flavor was good. I really liked the icing.

Next up was the Get-Away Hideout. Now, my wife made the reservation and took great pains to keep it secret from me. It wouldn't have made much of a difference, because even after arriving at our destination, I didn't know what Sybaris resorts were all about.

Well, let's just say that I'm a BIG fan now! We got the Paradise Swimming Pool Suite, and it was awesome! I loved the jacuzzi tub, the steam room, and our own private pool. Suffice to say, swimsuits were optional....heh heh.

We spent most of the time on Saturday shopping and got back home in the early afternoon. It was a grand weekend, to say the least!

2 comments:

Fal's Folies said...

Congrats on the anniversary and very glad that you guys had a nice weekend just for the two of you.

Rusty said...

This working on the marriage thing is the kind of work I really like!