Friday, March 12, 2010

Cleaning Up

Last night, Dwarfvader weaseled his way into an ICC10 run with his former guild, Hubris.

...and it was Hunter loot night!!

The other hunter and one of the shammies way outgeared the place, and the other shammy declined to take the offset pieces. So! I got a new belt, shoes, gloves, and an axe. Woot!

I can't remember my stats, but I got a significant boost with all the new gear. I can't wait to get into ICC again to see how my dps improves.

In other news, the ICC weekly for 10 man was "blah blah blah Donavan keep him safe" during the Lady Deathwhisper fight. We didn't have a third plate wearer, so I offered to tank him with my gorilla.

Now, I figured that I would have to fill out his talent tree because it's been a couple of patches since I played him, and I was correct. As I was selecting talents, I bemoaned the fact that I wasn't BM because I missed the extra 4 talent points.

/sigh. I totally forgot that I had dual specs, with my primary spec as... you guessed it, Beast Master. /facepalm. I have no doubt that had I switched specs, my pet would have had a much easier time of tanking the add. Tonight, I'll respec and make my BM spec a viable pet-tanking spec.

Anyways, in my Marksman spec, we wiped once due to the mortal strike effect that Donavan puts on his tank and the healers not realizing it. So PuddyTat the Gorilla died, Donavan ran rampant and we called a wipe.

Take 2. Somebody lit up Donavan and took him to about 1/3rd of his health. It wasn't me! By the time we had the Lady close to death and Donavan killed my pet, Donavan was at a very low level of health. Rather than having him kill the raid again, I smacked him with a distracting shot and intended to kite him until the boss kill. Instead, I ended up killing him; the Lady died shortly thereafter. Oh well, 5 frost badges down the drain.

And finally, Daxxy the Druid hit 30 the other day. Yay on her.

No comments: