Thursday, April 14, 2016

My fears are confirmed

I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, so here it is.

But, the big news is that I finally figured out how much weight I was pulling on my favorite machine - the one that I use almost exclusively for my Back and Bi workout. It was half the weight shown on the stack; I was pretty disappointed. On this workout, the Lat pulldowns and upright row are the only exercises that were affected.

The reason for the half weight was the pulley system used:

I noticed yesterday that the pulley was attached to the weight stack, so that meant that it was anchored to the frame and the second pulley combined to make the force that I was feeling 1/2 of the weight I was lifting.

I knew something was not right. So, instead of being 100 lbs away from being able to do a pullup, I'm about 140ish lbs away, and that was disappointing. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get there before the Tough Mudder in June. But, I'll keep pushing, and at least I know how much weight I'm actually lifting.

No comments: