Monday, April 2, 2012

The April Fool


As you can see, I'm making a habit out of starting out too fast, and in this run, I really paid for it on those last three miles.

I had to stop by the house at mile 2 to take the chicken out of the oven, and the rest of the run deteriorated from there. I ended up stopping at mile 5.35 because I just couldn't go any further. My legs were weak, I was out of breath, I was a mess.

So, I did some stretching, drank some water, and got myself together, then I slowly finished my run. It was a bit difficult to run past my house at mile 6 to tackle the two mile loop again, but I did.

At dinner, my wife asked me if I ate anything before the run (I didn't) and it dawned on me that I should have scarfed some GU at mile 4! *headsmack* Well, for Saturday's 10 miler, I'll definitely be getting some sort of gel pack to eat around mile 5!

No comments: